An intercom system is an electronic two-way communication device containing circuits to transmit and receive audio and/or video transmissions.
Intercoms are invaluable security systems for many types of buildings, apartment complex, multi-tenant building both commercial and residential.
Why should you choose an intercom system?
In a changing world, the intercom is a safe and proven method. Companies use it as an effective form of distance communication. Their examples are diverse: hospitals, warehouses, office buildings, and schools use some kind of intercom system.
Intercom systems have been around for years and are now available in safe, weather-resistant designs. They integrate well with other technologies such as CCTV, access control such as automatic door entry systems, gates or automated bollards.
Did you know that intercoms, combined with interior access security, can be used to restrict the movement of people around specific areas of a building?
Intercom systems provide them with an extra layer of security, especially if there are no security guards on site.
How does a wireless intercom system work?
A wireless intercom is a telecommunications device that allows voice communication without the need to use copper cables between intercom stations. Most wireless intercom systems communicate by radio waves. A front door intercom, or door buzzer, works as a two-way communication system that connects your building to the outside world.
Intercoms need not be restricted to the main inputs and outputs. You can place them at strategic points in a building, you can use them as an effective communication tool.
Do you want to talk to several people at the same time? Do you need to make an important announcement to everyone on the site?
The intercom system can be used as a public address system. And if you don’t use pagers, intercoms can be used to locate specific people in a large, complex building.
Benefits of an intercom system
- Simple to install and use.
- Low installation costs and low running costs.
- Take control of all access points, ideal for multi-occupancy buildings.
- Secure your building against unwanted visitors and intruders.
- New technology syncs a live feed direct to your smart device, anywhere in the world.
- You can also issue commands from your mobile allowing remote accessibility.
- Practical but stylish all-weather designs, use internally and externally.
- Intercom and technology. Over the past years, intercoms have benefited from several innovations of the IP revolution.
- Incorporate video and audio management.
- High level of convenience.
- Improved Communication.
- Enhanced security.