How Durable And Long Lasting Are Industrial Wood Fences?
Welcome, do you know how durable and long lasting are Industrial wood fences? If you are thinking to install a Wood fence on your comercial property, certainly you have come to the right place. As you know, Wood fences can be durable and long-lasting, but their lifespan and durability depend on various factors, including the type of wood, maintenance practices, and environmental conditions.
Before continue, if you want more information, we’ll leave you other posts here that you might find interesting:
We are a fence company Chicago, with 45 years of experience call us for a free quote!
About the durability and longevity of industrial wood fences:
- Type of Wood: First of all, the type of wood that is use in the construction of an industrial wood fence plays a significant role in its durability. For example, cedar, redwood, and pressure-treated pine. Cedar and redwood are naturally resistant to decay and insect damage, making them more durable choices.
- Maintenance: Secondly, regular practices include cleaning, staining or painting, and sealing the wood. Also, sealing the wood helps to prevent water penetration and adds an extra layer of protection.
- Environmental Conditions: Thirdly, in areas with high humidity, frequent rainfall, or extreme temperature fluctuations, wood fences are more susceptible to rot, warping, and decay. Regular exposure to sunlight can also cause fading and drying of the wood.
- Pest Control: More important, Wood fences can be vulnerable to insect infestations, such as termites and carpenter ants. But, regular inspections and preventive measures, such as treating the wood with insecticides or installing barriers, can help prevent pest damage and extend the fence’s lifespan.
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the fence posts are set securely in the ground and that the installation of the panels are has the proper spacing and support..
- Lifespan: Lastly, an industrial wood fence can range from 15 to 30 years, depending on the aforementioned factors. However, with proper maintenance and care, some wood fences can last even longer.